Date: Monday, 15 October 2018
Time: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Location: Conference Room, Office for Recreation & Sport, 27 Valetta Road, Kidman Park
Duration: 3 hours
The Essentials for Coaching Children (ECC) course is a brief, practical survival course for coaches. The course aims to give new or aspiring coaches of any age the basic skills, knowledge and tips needed to provide an effective, enjoyable sporting experience for the children they coach.
The ECC course can be used as a basic introduction to coaching, enhancing the delivery of children's sport within local clubs, recreation facilities and schools. Whilst the ECC is not a formal component of the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS), it can be a useful lead up to a Community Coaching Accredited Course.
* Coaching Children – why children play sport, why they quit
* Your Coaching Philosophy- why you are coaching, what sort of coach you want to be, what a great coach looks like
* Creating a Positive Environment and Experience – emphasis on winning/losing, modelling respect for officials, keeping kids safe, working with parents
* Making the Most of Your Time – importance of planning
* Coaching Principles - what a good training looks like, methods of coaching, game-centered approach
* Getting the Best from Your Players – providing great feedback, managing kids
* Where to from Here – how to keep improving your coaching
We acknowledge and respect Aboriginal peoples as South Australia's first peoples and nations, we recognise Aboriginal peoples as traditional owners and occupants of land and waters in South Australia and that their spiritual, social, cultural and economic practices come from their traditional lands and waters; and they maintain their cultural and heritage beliefs, languages and laws which are of ongoing importance; We pay our respects to their ancestors and to their Elders.